During the baby and toddler years, children continue to need lots of sleep, good nutrition, and close, loving relationships with parents and caregivers.
- Create predictable routines and rituals to keep your child feeling secure and grounded.
- Toddler-proof your home and yard so kids can explore safely.
- Use gentle discipline to guide and teach children. Avoid hitting, which can cause long-term physical and emotional harm.
- Sing, talk, and read to your toddler to boost their vocabularies.
- Watch your child for cues about the warmth and reliability of all caregivers.
- Take good care of yourself physically and emotionally, because your child needs you to be healthy.